BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013: First Baptism and Elder Oaks


This week has been amazing!  I'm sorry I emailed so late in the day, we've been moving a member all day so I don't have much time to write or post the pictures from the baptism since we left our apartment in such a rush. Next week I’ll have the picture of the baptism up.

Saturday was actually the most eventful day of the week. I had other experiences but I hope I can really share them with you another week.  Saturday was amazing. We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Oaks of the Twelve. He came and we had a combined meeting with the Atlanta Mission and the Atlanta North. I got to see Elder Angilau, Elder Bowcutt, and Sister Fennell--graduates from Bingham.  It was super cool. Elder Oaks is really an amazing guy also. He's not as big as I thought he was or seems to be. He's still tall but I'd say he's about 6'2. He shook hands with everyone in both missions.  We all looked into his eyes (He made direct eye contact with all of us before we could move on hahaha) and he said "hello” and “Thank you Elder/Sister" to everyone. I felt so much love for him. He spoke on lots of things-whatever the spirit prompted him. President Wolfert expected it to be about obedient, but I guess we're doing alright with that because he didn’t talk about obedience.

That night we also had a baptismal service for Bryan. We had his baptismal interview on Thursday and I went with Zone Leader Price and Elder Galvez went with Zone Leader Colman for a lesson with S, who seems a bit nervous about being baptized.  But after the baptismal service, the only thing she said to us was, "I just want my water to be warm!" She's so sweet and the water furnace wasn't on.......

But on Sunday I had the opportunity to stand in the circle as Bryan received the Holy Ghost. It was honestly one of the most spiritually powerful moments of my life. To talk about the spirit, to feel the spirit, to tell how much it will bless people’s lives and then to actually give the Gift of the Holy Ghost to someone--It's amazing. I love it so much.

Mom, thank you so much for the packages and your card! I was able to decipher all of your writing so we're alright there hahahah. I don't know how much I will get to write to Dad, Madison and Bailey, but please tell them I love them so much and thank Madison for the package. I hope Elder Galvez doesn't find my food, since he eats like a horse, but he was on exchanges with another elder when I received the package.

Much love,
Elder Rodabough the second

 

No comments:

Post a Comment