BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Email sent November 17, 2014: Diggin Trenches, Chopping Trees and Exchanges

So this wasn't too eventful of a week to be honest.  Which is good! Sometimes we need some peace and calm! We ended up doing a lot of service this week and I was on exchanges for most of it with other missionaries. I found out a few weeks ago that I'm now what they call an STL, and no I do not mean Sister Training Leader.... I'm a Spanish Team Leader. Which basically is a sister training leader but with Spanish Missionaries. I basically go on exchanges with the Spanish Elders in Canton who I already see on a daily basis and the Elders of Cumorrah--one is Elder Hansen, one of my good friends in the mission and the other is Elder Wood.

Tuesday we had Zone Meeting with Elder McArthur as my new Zone Leader. It was cool to see how much more powerful of a missionary he has become in the last few months since I was companions with him. Afterwards I went on exchange with Elder Glaittli, the new Canton Spanish Elder who is companions with Elder Auelua. He's a fairly young missionary. He only has about 8 months in the mission and so his skills are still new. He's a good man.  Thursday we ended up digging up a cable for a member in his back yard. He told us that the line had been cut somewhere and so he wanted us to dig it up and find it. We were about 4 feet away from where the cable was, digging only about 6 inches down to find it, when abruptly it cut straight down. We kept digging and digging and digging for about an hour and made a 3 feet deep hole in the freezing ground until we gave up. We later learned on Sunday that the cable was actually fine, but the switch to turn on the lights in the yard was fried....

Friday we did exchanges with the Elders in Cummorah which went well. Elder Wood came with me and we had a good time. We found a new investigator and we have an appointment with him tomorrow. Oh speaking of appointments! So that super cool family we stopped by ended up dropping us hardcore. So we went over the Sunday before to stop in and see how they were doing and her husband was there. Apparently after we left they got into a huge fight and she texted us on Monday saying not to come back. I felt super bad since I was the one who pushed for us to go over on Sunday. But I'll learn and keep going.

Saturday we helped translate at the a church clothing drive they were doing for the battered women's shelter and DFCS. It was cool to go and help people and see them be blessed. Then we went to Cummorah to exchange back just to find them in the middle of doing service and we were there for about 2 hours more. We were about to leave when Elder Wood decided to tackle chopping down an entire tree with a  hack saw.... Let's just say we were there 2 hours more.... total of 4 hours.... Dang. But it was nice to help and we counted our blessings.

This week we've got some good plans and Elder Long and I have like 10 people to follow-up with. We pray we have a good week and I know that you all will as well!

Love you all!
Elder "Rody" Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment