BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Emails sent March 23, 2015: Elder Zwick--The Man, the Legend, the General Authority

Hey team!

I feel like team is a bit more appropriate now in lieu of March Madness. or as we call it el Locoro de marzo. Ok nobody really calls it that. A member back in Marietta told me like 3 months ago and I just remembered it now. 

This week was a bit slow on the Proselyting portion, but we still were able to see some miracles! We were able to attend two meetings with Elder Zwick of the Seventy though! He's had the coolest life ever. During a meeting a missionary asked him how we're supposed to work with the members if not all the members of a ward/branch council don't show up to the meeting. He responded by explaining how in 1969 he opened Bolivia on horseback and build the church building out of adobe in towns that had never seen a white person. He then asked, "do you think I had support from the branch council? Do you think we had a branch council?" I made it sound like it was a lot more stern than how it actually was but everyone was just hushed in one moment hahaha. 

We had two meetings, one on Wednesday evening, and a full day zone conference Thursday. Wednesday was with three stakes. The bishopric and his counselors, the branch mission leader, all ward missionaries, and all members of a ward council were invited, attendance was low from the riverside branch.... But overall it was awesome. He talked about working together as a ward council and then focused on missionary work in ward councils. he asked that members of a council be prepared to answer 4 questions. 

1) The names of investigators that came to church last week
2) The names of all progressing investigators 
3) Who are the fellowshippers for these investigators
4) WHO will be TAUGHT in your house this week

It was awesome :)

Thursday was all pretty much a blur of everything together. Sister Zwick talked a lot about prayer and the language of prayer that we need to have. Thee, thy, thou. She said that some people think that it's weird, but to our father in heaven, it shows we respect and look for his council. She talked about the healing power of prayer for a bit as well. Elder Zwick got up and basically announced right out of the gate that the mission will be receiving iPads on the 20th of may. I'm marginally excited. Because it'll give me 3 months but at the same time I doubt I'll have time do really learn how to utilize or really get to utilize them. I think I'll just pass actually... He also talked about Virtue. How we need to between now, and May 20th, purify and sanctify our minds, thoughts, actions, our beings to prepare ourselves. Challenge accepted. The coolest quote that we actually put on our door was when he quoted Oliver Cowdrey and said, "Never, stop ceasing until you see the face of God." He then said, "My fellow Elders and sisters I have not ceased striving since my mission, and I don't plan on until my last breath." 

Anyways! I love you all so much! have a happy birthday this week Mads! I love you a ton! Keep up the good work and remember not to be bums! 

Elder Rodabough the second

No comments:

Post a Comment