BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Email sent January 27, 2014: "Go put your hands on that woman and heal her!"

This week is titled, "Go put your hands on that woman and heal her!!!" Yeah, it's gettin' real Baptist Crazy Christian this week. But before I get to that....
 
I'm so glad to hear that while things are slow, Grandpa is progressing. He's alive and that's what I think we should all focus on. I know that is not necessarily going to make the next couple months of recovery easy, but at least you have someone to take care of. Tuesday I was honestly pretty worried about him!  We had interviews with President Wolfert so when he didn't say anything about news from home I felt way better.  This week I prayed very hard to have the Lord bless me with charity. To have love for these people that I don't even know that well, but are children of our Heavenly Father. There are some missionaries in the District that are giving me some trouble and I honestly believe that if I hadn't prayed for charity I wouldn't have been able NOT to explode on them!!!  Through the power of love we can work through our problems and bear our burdens as well as each other's burdens.  I hope that through all of this with Grandpa you will all pray for charity.
 
Ok, now for some of the crazy stories of this week...
 
I did exchanges with Elder Coleman, Zone Leader because we go with them once a transfer. So it's the middle of the night and suddenly my sheets just fly off my bed and I just stare up into Elder Coleman's smiling face. After about ten second I just asked, "What's up?" to which he replied, "Nothing" and then went back to bed. I asked him what time it was and he said 1:00 am and then fell right back to sleep. Apparently he's a sleep walker.
 
Ok, so I had the best non-spiritual experience of my mission yesterday. We didn't have an appointment so we were just driving to see a recent convert when we passed a huge church named Victory World Church. I've wanted to go inside for months now and I saw that it was my opportunity. We pulled over and went in to see the service.  And my 'lanta it was awesome!  We walk in and it's this huge concert hall and there's a Christian rock band playing (pretty good music too if I do say). There's people standing up in the aisles and in the seats just waving their hands in the air and singing along to the songs, praising Jesus and what not. Here's where it got crazy. The song ends and the preacher gets up and starts talking about being healed and says, "We're going to play a song about the blood of Christ.  If any of you need healing, just raise your hand up and one of our pastors will come and heal you because we believe in the power of the laying on of hands!!"  Meanwhile my companion leans over to me and says, "You know what's funny? We're the only two people in here actually able to lay our hands upon someone." Just then this old black woman grabs his coat sleeve and say's, "You see that woman over there? Go pray for her. Go put your hands on her and heal her!!!" To which my companion replied, "Umm....I don't think I can do that." The woman then pulled him down into the seat next to her and just taught him all about being healed and accepting Jesus Christ into his life, all the while telling him to go heal her. Then she prayed for us and we got out of there fast. It was hilarious.
 
 
I would suggest that everyone read Mosiah 16. It's a great chapter about the Resurrection and the Atonement of Christ. I have been reading it and it has made such a difference in my life.  I love you all so very much. 

Love your son,
Elder Rodabough the second

No comments:

Post a Comment