BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Monday, July 21, 2014

Email sent July 14, 2014: Babysitting

Well family. I'll be honest. This was probably one of the most difficult weeks of my entire mission. And nothing even happened to me!!! 

On Monday we got a call that one of the Elders in a trio companionship had run away. This Elder had been having some obedience and work problems so he'd been on all of our radars. So the Assistants sent us up at 10:30 pm to pick up the Elder and bring him down with us for the rest of the week. Let's just say that we got home at 2:30 am after much "discussion" and still got up at 6:30 am the next day and did Elder McArthur and my first Zone meeting together. It was awesome by the way. No big dealio. After the meeting this Elder was under the impression that he would be returning to his area and when I informed him he wouldn't be going back to that area he was less than happy. So much so that he refused to leave the car to go into a restaurant with the other Elders and tried to run away from the car when we pulled into a drive thru.  We spent the next 7 1/2 hours in our apartment doing our best to explain to this Elder why he wasn't going back to his area. We finally got out to work at 7pm. The next day we had many other similar experiences but were able to do much more work. FInally on Friday we had exchanges with the Assistants planned. Before we left President Bennion wanted to speak to the Elder. I won't go into detail about their conversation but let's just say that our Assistant named Elder Smith, this Elder, and I went back to his area and grabbed his bags. So basically we did glorifed babysitting. The saddest part of all this was the Elder and his testimony. I'll explain in more detail when we are all back together in a few weeks. 

On Saturday we also recieved news that a brother of an Elder in our Zone had suffered a brain bleed was more than likely dead. There were also 2 other family tragedies in the Zone as well. I know that this seems as a sort of negative email. What I learned this week was to have charity towards our fellow brothers and sisters. We felt so much love for the Elder and just wanted to help him. But we can't help those who don't want help. 

I love you all so much and i hope that you all know that I know that Christ is my Savior. That we have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much that he just sent us a little miracle Laine that we now can love :) I'm so proud of the people you are, the parents, sisters, and brothers that you are. Thank you for everything that you all have done for me and I hope that one day I can sometime repay you. Have a wonderful week and have fun being a mom Bailey! 

Elder Bryce Thomas Rodabough the second

No comments:

Post a Comment