BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Monday, July 21, 2014

Email sent July 7, 2014: Little Laine

I am so excited to hear that I'm an uncle!!! Uncle Rhodey is what they call me and the legend begins. I'll keep Lil' Laine in my prayers as well as Bailey and all of you. You already are all in my prayers but I just wanted to let you know you still are ;)

For the 4th of July we didn't really do a lot. Elder McArthur and I were on exchanges and I was with the Famous Elder Aubrey. Mom you might actually know his mother! She works at the Developmental Center and her name is Jodi Garner, Aubrey, or Florez. She works the graveyard shifts but maybe you know her!  Anyways, Elder Aubrey and I were on exchange and it's surprising since on holidays where they say that there's lots of people to talk to.  There are, they are just busy.... But alas, we kept tracting.  We went to dinner with a family that lives on Lake Lanier. The couple that lives there are in their 70's and have the Sisters live in their house as well and I'm so jealous we don't live there.... But me and Elder Aubrey went and ate some huge burgers. The member just talked about the government and old Cold War stories. It was just fun to be there with Elder Aubrey. He's been out about 16 months and I really look up to him as a missionary. Figuratively and literally. He's a tall boy.
 
I feel so bad that I haven't had much to write about.... Well we did meet a really cool lady yesterday on Sunday. We were wondering what we should do since our dinner ran really long and all of our potentials fell through. So we just pulled into a neighborhood and started tracting. This neighborhood was kind of like Ammonihah. They didn't really want to listen to us and we were getting a little frustrated. We were just sort of walking around the neighborhood and we found a woman outside gardening. We started talking to her and she was really open to the message. She accepted a Book of Mormon. We are seeing her next Sunday. Lately finding has been really difficult for us and so we were so happy to find someone to teach! 

I'm just out here having a fun time with Elder McArthur. Like I mentioned we're sort of in a heavy finding stage, but we are really hopeful for the future! I love all of you so much and I'm excited that we have un Nino en la familia!!! Oh by the way when I get back I'm going to cook us up some good Argentinean tacos. They aren't the healthiest, but they are the most delicious things ever!! Just a quick FYI. 

Have a wonderful week family! 
Elder Rodabough the second

No comments:

Post a Comment