BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Email sent February 17, 2015: Charity and Icesicles

Howdy there family!! 
Well this week we had to change our P-day to today due to the fact that Presidents Day was yesterday and all the libraries were closed. So we went out and worked on our Monday.  Here is what happened day by day this last week:

On Monday last week we played dodge ball and I also looked up those apartments that you wanted me to at USU. I don't have time this week due to that we're in a library not the FHC but next week I will find a whole lot more now that I know what we're looking at cost wise. Tuesday I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders which during I felt a strong impression that I need to increase charity towards my fellow man. Elder Barnett, my ZL, is a huge example of love for everyone and I want to have that same love. 
Bunk beds we made with our Zone Leaders.  I was a little nervous about sleeping in the top bunk.
Wednesday we exchanged back and we taught English class that night. It was so awesome because the lesson was on "How to Say a Prayer" and had tons of references to the Restoration planned into it. In the lesson hand out there was even a picture of the First Vision haha. So I dared Elder Welker, who's teaching the class, to teach the restoration during the English lesson. Which he did! We had like 3 investigators in the class and it was hilarious to watch him teach the Restoration in Spanglish.

Thursday when I had a chance to do studies in my own apartment I decided to begin my study of Charity and to pray with "all energy of heart" like it talks about in Moroni 7. During my studies I read the examples of Charity that were given in PMG and then afterwards I prayed that the Lord would give me an opportunity to grow in Charity that day. During the day we taught a way amazing Cuban family and invited them to be baptized. THEY SAID YES! And we're going back this Thursday to set a firm baptismal date.  We were also invited to go to a Relief Society activity that night and we went not expecting what would happen. So we got there and the sisters asked us to share a message on Charity, which we all had been studying that day! After our little mini-lesson, the sisters brought out a huge box of food and then told us that they were going to express their Charity by chipping in food and giving it all to the two companionships in the Branch. I was speechless. I was suddenly filled with so much love for the branch and filled with love for them. To know that the Lord hears my prayers and will answer them that fast was so amazing as well. IT was a huge testimony builder for me. 
Food given to the missionaries by the Relief Society.  We felt the LOVE!

Saturday I had a cool opportunity to translate for a baptismal interview for an investigator that Elder Augustus and Elder Welker, the other missionaries here. I did her first interview but she had a problem that required that a member of the mission presidency interview her as well. We had her interview the morning of her Baptism and it was so amazing to hear her story. She's gone through a lot, and bears quite a lot of scars from her past decisions, but she was ready to make it right with the Lord and be baptized. At the same time, Elders in another ward had a baptism an every companionship in my district had an investigator there! It was really an amazing blessing to have so many people there. Later at the baptism in the branch, we had an investigator there as well. The Lord is really working miracles here in Lawrenceville. 

Sunday we had dinner with the Suarez family, the part member family that is super close to baptism. The mother and daughter, Adriana and Echery, are so close to baptism and during dinner we talked about what day would be best for her baptism. She said either the 14th of March or the 28th. We were pretty dang surprised since she's been dancing around date for the past 5 months!
It was so cold this week, I wore my sweat pants beneath my pants all week
 Over all it was a really amazing week and I'm so happy to hear that all of you had a good Valentines Day! I hear that Laine is quite the cutie and I'm so excited to get to know him better when I do get home. Speaking of that.... I gave it a lot of thought this past week and I don't know if President Bennion emailed you guys or not... it sounds like not.... but I decided to stay for another month and I'll head home on August 14th. It's a Friday and so we'll have a couple days to be together before I head up to Logan for Ambassador responsibilities. President said he would submit the date to headquarters and get back to me as soon as possible. I know it's not the date we originally planned, but I feel really good about it. I really feel the spirit as I think about it. I feel confidant. I love you all so much and hope you can all continue to grow in the spirit. I love you!

Elder Rodabough the second. 
PS. EVERYTHING FROZE HERE LAST NIGHT!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment