BEST TWO YEARS

BEST TWO YEARS

Monday, February 2, 2015

Email sent February 4, 2015: A Miracle a Day

Oh my word family this was such an amazing week!!!! We've basically got a miracle for every day of the week! So I'll give you a play-by-play. Speaking of Play-by-plays, Elder Jessen, an office couple worker, gave me a pretty detailed account of the last 10 minutes of the super bowl. Que lastima... (What a shame...) They should have done a run-play....
Anyway!

Tuesday:
We had an awesome district meeting and afterwards Elder Welker and I went on exchange. I'm the district leader, again, so I figured I could start my exchanges since I don't know anything about the area.  We had a pretty rough day of tracting, but had an appointment with a less active at 8:00 pm. So, we got there and his non-member in-laws who are visiting from Mexico wanted to watch the Restoration since it was an assignment given by the other elders. We watched it and the Spirit was so strong. The father-in-law kept asking a ton of questions about the movie as it played and so afterwards we taught them about the Restoration in more depth. We invited them to be baptized and they said yes if they read and find out more about the church! They go back to Mexico next week so we're just going to prep them for the missionaries down in Mexico.

Wednesday:
Well, this wasn't really a miracle, but sort of. We were tracting before the sun went down to try and find some potentials and as it got dark we headed back to the car. Reach into my pocket. No keys... So we searched up and down the street for an hour looking for them until we ran out of light. Then we called the Vehicle Coordinator to come and let us in to our car with a spare key. He told us it would take half an hour for him to get there so we settled down to wait. But on the way to us he got into a small car accident so we had to wait an hour and a half. He and his car were fine. But eventually he let us in and we found our keys in the trunk of the car.... Not really a miracle, but it was a funny story. I made a bunch of videos as if we were lost in the forest and Elder Castro was going crazy. It was almost like a Lord of the Flies thing. But not really. 

Thursday:
I'm not sure if I'll be able to contain what really went down this day in an email, but I'll explain when I get back. Basically my entire understanding of my purpose as a missionary of the Gospel changed in 6 hours. We had two men from the church missionary department come to the mission an discuss the results of a survey we took a month ago. They taught us about baptismal invites and effective planning. But what they taught for the first hour was the Gospel. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I've never had such a learning experience as I had in that hour. Basically what it came down to was if we aren't inviting people to be baptized on the first lesson, we aren't fulfilling our purpose as missionaries. It was intense, but so beautiful at the same time. I'll explain later. Then we taught a lesson to our top investigators Adrianna and Echery Suarez. They're a part member family and we had an amazing lesson about the temples and eternal marriage.

Friday:
We started going to every members house that we could and invited them to fast for Adrianna and Echery for fast Sunday and invited a bunch of members to bear their testimonies about how the Gospel has changed their lives.

Saturday:
Went to a mega church. It was weird. Didn't feel the Spirit. They used a weird translation of the bible. I'll tell you about it later. 
 
Sunday:
EVERYBODY WE INVITED TO BEAR THEIR TESTIMONY DID!!! Also all the members that we invited to fast came up to us and asked about Adrianna and Echery. Also a bunch of members that we didn't invite came up and bore their testimonies as well about missionary work and baptism. It was literally an hour of just intense Spirit. Holla. 

Monday, Today:
We're going to a trampoline place for an elders 22nd birthday. I'm excited. I love you all!!!

Elder Rodabough, the Second

No comments:

Post a Comment